Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Relationships

I wanted to post something that I learned at my Stake Conference this past weekend. It really struck me and it applies to the family so I thought that I would share it.

Elder Chambers of the seventy presided over my stake conference and he gave a talk about strengthening 3 types of relationships
Our relationship as a son or daughter of God
The husband and wife relationship
Father and Mother relationship

All three of these relationships are outlined in the Proclamation to the World. What stood out to me the most was that he mentioned three gathering places; Home, Church, and the Temple. He then said that it is in the Home that relationships are created, at Church where relationships are perfected, and in the Temple that relationships are exalted. I thought that was so cool. It all begins in the home but attending church and the temple are also so important to the building and strengthening of relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment