Thursday, March 24, 2011

Parenting

This week we have been discussing parenting. I have really enjoyed the discussions and I wish that I could some how retain and remember all the information so that I can use it in the future when I actually have children! I'm terrified I'll forget all that I learned and be a terrible parent! One thing that has stuck out to me the most was a line shared by someone that I have heard in the past:

The test for Godhood is parenthood.

I really love this. It is very true. God is the ultimate father. He guide's His children through life with love. I think one of the best parenting programs we can follow is God's example and how He has parented. I don't know how He does it. I can't imagine watching my children struggle and lose their way. I am excited to be a parent but also so afraid! I can't imagine the ache that is felt when a child strays. But on the other side there is also the joy in watching your children succeed.

Obviously I don't know a whole lot about parenting since I've never been a parent. But I do feel lucky to have had the opportunity to take these classes and learn things that I may not have learned otherwise. I have also been greatly blessed to have a mom and dad who strive to be good parents and have taught me so much! I am very lucky!!!! Thanks Mom and Dad for being great parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment